DIN EN 50399：2017 Wire and Cable Heat Release Test Device with Stainless Steel Two-Way Speed Probe
Product introduction of the Wire and Cable Heat Release Test Device
EN 50399 specifies the apparatus and methods of test for the assessment of vertical flame spread, heat release and smoke production of vertically-mounted bunched wires or cables, electrical or optical, under defined conditions. EN 50399 details the apparatus and the arrangement and calibration of the instrumentation to be installed in order to measure the heat release and the smoke production during the fire test. Test procedures to be used for type approval testing for classification of cables in Euroclasses B1ca, B2ca, Cca and Dca are given.
Product parameters of the Wire and Cable Heat Release Test Device
1. Test chamber has the dimension of 1,000±100(W) x 2,000±100(D) x 4,000±100(H) mm. The bottom surface of the test chamber is higher than the ground while the rear side is supplemented with insulated material to insulate it from heat.
2. At the lower section of the test chamber, there is a 800±20(W) x 400±10(D) sized hole at the 150±10mm position from the front side of the chamber to supply the air.
3. There is a 300±30(W)x1,000±100(D) sized exhaust hole at the rear corner of the top section of the test chamber to allow emission of the smoke during the test.
4. A flame trap is installed at the front side of the burner of the vertical flame spread tester to prevent backfire by propane to ensure the utmost safety.
5. Unlike the conventional IEC60332-3 equipment, the vertical flame spread tester records all control and test conditions with the computer to add user friendliness.
6. If stop the excessive combustion test due to Water Spray device installed for extinguish.
7. The program on the requirement on standard and 70,000Btu/h can be program.
8. Wide stainless steel ladder dimensions: 500(W) ×3, 500(H) mm.
9. Standard stainless steel ladder dimensions: 800(W) ×3, 500(H).
10. Two sets of standard propane burner and venturi mixtures.
11. Follow the standard category can program for select a test.
12. Exhaust system consists of smoke collection hood,exhaust duct, air inlet system, Centrifugal fan and frequency converter.
13. The duct section houses all gas sampling probes, temperature and mass flow probes and has ports for the smoke measuring system.
14. Paramagnetic oxygen analyzer, using the method of paramagnetic change to measure the concentration of oxygen in the gas. Concentration range of 0-25%.
15. Carbon Dioxide Analyser (infrared) for use in heat release measurement. Concentration range of 0-10%.
16. Soot filter, cold trap, drying column, pump and waste regulators for conditioning the sample gases prior to analysis.
17. Dataacquisition system and software.
Product Feature and Application of the Wire and Cable Heat Release Test Device
1. Standard 19 cabinet unit, including paramagnetic O2, non-dispersive infrared CO2 gas analyzer;
2. Taiwan Advantech data acquisition board 1 set, can collect temperature, gas pressure difference and gas analyzer data, etc.;
3. Stainless steel two-way speed probe, with a set of wind pressure detection devices such as micro differential pressure sensor;
4. The United States OMEGA K-type thermocouple 3, detecting the flue gas temperature 1 set;
5. Equipped with a set of gas collection probe device, connected by PTFE pipe, can collect corrosive gas;
6. Dehumidifying cold trap, gas steady flow and voltage regulator, 1 set of American CAST gas collection pump device, equipped with stainless steel pipe and PTFE hose connection;
7. An incandescent lamp smoke density measuring system comprising an incandescent light source and a silicon photodiode receiving device;
8. Equipped with 5 neutral filters, optical density range of 0.1-2;
9. 4 imported mass flow controller devices, equipped with pressure reducing valves, solenoid valves, etc.;
10. Standard test software, including calibration procedures, and can be used for monomer burning test;
11. Equipped with 1 set of computer and printer devices;
12. Test equipment such as exhaust pipe and centrifugal fan;
13. Two propane mass flow controllers;
14. Two air mass flow controllers;
15. 22.5KW and 30KW flame calibration can be performed by a mass flow controller acting on a single burner;
16. Bundle wire and cable burning test device.
Application：The test system is a medium-scale fire test simulating bundled cable or fiber optic cable. The test cable is installed on a vertical standard steel ladder and ignited by a specified ignition source to evaluate the combustion behavior and combustion performance of the cable. Combustion performance data for the early stages of a cable fire,
The test of the heat release rate reflects the danger of the flame spreading along the cable and the potential impact of the fire source on the adjacent area. The smoke density test shows the visibility of the fire area and the danger of the smoke to the personal safety.
Product Details of the Wire and Cable Heat Release Test Device
EN 50399 Test apparatus is consist of IEC 60332-3 apparatus, heat release measurement, smoke density measurement and modified air inlet system. This is accomplished by fitting a small instrumented section of ducting into the exhaust system of the rig and using this with associated gas analysis instrumentation and software. The duct section houses all gas sampling probes, temperature and mass flow probes and has ports for the smoke measuring system.
The test can obtain the following characteristics of the cable or cable under certain combustion conditions:
Flame spread Flame Spread FS
Heat Release Rate Heat Release Rate HRR
Total heat release Total Heat Release THR
Smoke production rate Smoke Production Rate SPR
Total smoke production Total Smoke Production TSP
Burning Growth Rate Index Fire Growth Rate FIGRA
DIN：DIN EN 50399：2017
Dimension:1120 mm (W) x 2200 mm (D) x 5600 mm (H)
Electrical: 110V AC 60Hz / 230V AC 50Hz, 5A
Ambient Temperature: Operating 10°C to 35°C
Gas: air and propane